Manama: Flat6Labs Bahrain has officially begun the third cycle of its acceleration program in the Kingdom. Six startups have been selected to receive an investment of $32K each and to undergo the 4-month program where they will benefit from high caliber training, coaching and mentoring sessions in addition to other instrumental perks to further develop and grow their businesses.
The six startups were chosen out of 17 in total who participated in a rigorous bootcamp last April after being shortlisted from over 200 applicants from Bahrain and around the world. The third cycle consists of startups providing innovative solutions across multiple sectors such as HealthTech, Artificial Intelligence, FoodTech, E-Services, EdTech and Online Recruitment. The Cycle launch was held at the accelerator’s offices at NBB tower and was attended by several key members of the Bahraini startup Ecosystem.
Here are the six selected startups:
* Springring: Bringing all education stakeholders onto a unified communication platform for all communication.
* Articbot: AI driven virtual assistant for customer support.
* Foaps: A platform that aggregates all the restaurant technology apps on to a single dashboard.
* SmartWashr: An app that allows users to select pickup and dropoff locations based on GPS.
Smartwashr will pick up laundry and drop
* it off the next day.
* Weyak: This startup helps you find your medication in a single App and get it delivered to your home in minutes.
* Majra.me: We match employers and job seekers on the basis of personality and culture fit.
Ryaan Sharif, the Managing Director of Flat6Labs Bahrain said: “Having launched in Bahrain in 2018, we have a mandate to complete 6 cycles within a 3-year time frame. We have now successfully reached the halfway point with the launch of our third cycle, having graduated 16 startups thus far with several of them significantly increasing their valuation and securing further funding after joining Flat6Labs. We are proud to welcome our third cohort and look forward to working with them and supporting the flourishment of their businesses in Bahrain.”
“We believe that our presence in the country has been very constructive and dynamic to the startup ecosystem and we will continue to carry out our extensive outreach efforts to ensure a quality pipeline and work with our partners towards building Bahrain’s startup ecosystem” he added.