An effort to encourage, engage and enable the state’s entrepreneurial ecosystem in the state of Maharashtra. This would be the 4th edition of Maharashtra start-up week after conducting 3 successful start-up editions previously.
Top 100 start-ups will get a great opportunity to showcase their product/services by signing up, let us understand what the start-up edition is all about.
Start-ups across India are welcomed from various sectors such as education, agriculture, healthcare, skilling, sustainability, governance, and so on to sign up for this edition.
Maharashtra start-up week is an initiative taken by the government, an annual flagship event that aims to procure and deploy innovative ideas and solutions by different start-ups on a pilot basis. This is going to be a great opportunity for budding start-ups to showcase their products/services to establish themselves in the entrepreneurial world. Selected entrepreneurs will showcase their services/products to an esteemed panel of government officials, investors, incubators, and experts from industry and academia.
Out of the 100 start-ups, 24 start-ups (winner) will get a pilot worth Rs.15 Lacs each. The start-ups will be provided with access to personnel, data, and other means of handholding while the start-ups pilot their solutions within 6 to 12 months. Access tow workshops, investor connect sessions, and $10,000 AWS credits + $1500 Business support credits + account manager and a solutions architect from AWS.
100 start-ups will get a chance to pitch and showcase their service/product to an eminent jury panel. Access to workshops, investor connect sessions. AWS activates $5000 AWS credits + $1500 Business support credits.
— Innovation Society (@MSInSociety) June 12, 2021
Apply here: https://www.msins.in/startup-week
Here’s the timeline
Eligibility: All start-ups across the country who fit under the criteria in the Maharashtra State innovative Start-up Policy 2018 can apply:
- Be incorporated as a private limited company (as defined in the Companies Act, 2013) or registered as a partnership firm (under section 59 of the Partnership Act, 1932) or as a limited liability partnership (under the liability partnership Act,2008) in India.
- Have been incorporated/registered within the last several year (in case of start-ups in the biotechnology and/or social sector the period shall be up to ten years).
- Not have exceeded a turnover of Rs.25 Cr in any of the financial year’s incorporative/registration.
- Working towards innovation, development or improvement of products or processes or services, or if it is a scalable business model with a high potential of employment generation or wealth creation.
Furthermore, start-ups must have a ‘’minimum viable product’’ and be prepared to demonstrate ‘’proof of concept’’.
Note: Idea-stage ventures shall not be considered at this point.
8 Sectors identified that align with the mandate of the Government:
- Smart Infrastructure
- Sustainability- Clean energy
- Sustainability-Waste management
- Sustainability-Water management
- Unique value proposition
- Leadership team
- Social impact
- Sustainability and scalability
- Relevance for government
- Technology Advantage (if any)
Start-ups which will be shortlisted, will be allowed 10 minutes each to present their pitch and another 10 minutes for question & answer.
Results will be declared on the last day of the Maharashtra start-up week.
Winners of 2020 Edition
For further details-